Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection
Publication Date: January 2007 Hardback 408 pp.
Ultrasonic signals are being increasingly used for predicting material behavior, both in an engineering context (detecting anomalies in a variety of structures) and a biological context (examining human bones, body parts and unborn fetuses).
Featuring contributions from authors who are specialists in their subject area, this book presents new developments in ultrasonic research in both these areas, including ultrasonic NDE and other areas which go beyond traditional imaging techniques of internal defects.
As such, both those in the biological and physical science communities will find this book an informative and stimulating read.
1. An Introduction to Failure Mechanisms and Ultrasonic Inspection, Kumar V. Jata, Tribikram Kundu and Triplicane A. Parthasarathy.
2. Health Monitoring of Composite Structures Using Ultrasonic Guided Waves, Sauvik Banerjee, Fabrizio Ricci, Frank Shih and Ajit Mal.
3. Ultrasonic Measurement of Micro-acoustic Properties of the Biological Soft Materials, Yoshifumi Saijo.
4. Corrosion and Erosion Monitoring of Pipes by an Ultrasonic Guided Wave Method, Geir Instanes, Mads Toppe, Balachander Lakshiminarayan and Peter B. Nagy.
5. Modeling of the Ultrasonic Field of Two Transducers Immersed in a Homogenous Fluid Using the Distributed Point Source Method, Rais Ahmad, Tribikram Kundu and Dominique Placko.
6. Ultrasonic Scattering in Textured Polycrystalline Materials, Liyong Yang, Goutam Ghoshal and Joseph A. Turner.
7. Embedded Ultrasonic NDE with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors, Victor Giurgiutiu.
8. Mechanics Aspects of Non-linear Acoustic Signal Modulation Due to Crack Damage, Hwai-Chung Wu and Kraig Warnemuende.
9. Non-contact Mechanical Characterization and Testing of Drug Tablets, Cetin Cetinkaya, Ilgaz Akseli, Girindra N. Mani, Christopher F. Libordi and Ivin Varghese.
10. Split Hopkinson Bars for Dynamic Structural Testing, Chul Jin Syn and Weinong W. Chen.
About the Authors
Tribikram Kundu is a Professor at the Department of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, University of Arizona, USA.