Wireless and Mobile Network Security
Security basics, Security in On-the-shelf and emerging technologies
Publication Date: June 2009 Hardback 704 pp.
This book provides a cutting-edge examination of research and/or security solutions in wireless and mobile networks. It begins by covering the security basic concepts and fundamentals constituting a base of knowledge necessary for the comprehension of security issues, challenges and solutions. This discussion will be of invaluable use to those unfamiliar with the security field. Next it presents the security aspects and solutions of on-the-shelf wireless and mobile technologies such as Bluetooth, WiFi, WiMax, 2G and 3G. It also outlines the security mechanisms which protect applications downloaded by mobile terminals through mobile cellular networks. Finally, the book covers security issues and solutions in the emerging wireless and mobile technologies such as ad hoc and sensor networks, cellular 4G and IMS networks.
1. Introduction to Mobile and Wireless Networks, H. Chaouchi, T. Ali Yahiya.
2. Vulnerabilities of Wired and Wireless Networks, A. Hecker.
3. Fundamental Security Mechanisms, M. Laurent-Maknavicius, H. Chaouchi, O. Paul.
4. Wi-Fi Security Dedicated Architectures, F. Veysset, L. Butti, J. Razniewski.
5. Multimedia Content Watermarking, M. Mitrea, F. Prêteux.
6. Bluetooth Security, F. Gillet.
7. Wi-Fi Security, G. Pujolle.
8. WiMAX Security, P. Urien.
9. Security in Mobile Telecommunication Networks, J. Härri, C. Bonnet.
10. Security of Downloadable Applications, P. Crégut, I. Ravot, C. Alvarado.
11. Security in Next Generation Mobile Networks, J. Härri, C. Bonnet.
12. Security of IP-based Mobile Networks, J.-M. Combes, D. Migault, J. Bournelle, H. Chaouchi, M. Laurent-Maknavicius.
13. Security in Ad Hoc Networks, J.-M. Orset, A. Cavalli.
14. Key Management in Ad Hoc Networks, M. Salah Bouassida, I. Chrisment, O. Festor.
15. Wireless Sensor Network Security, J.-M. Nogueira, H.-C. Wong, A.A.F. Loureiro, C. Bekara, M. Laurent-Maknavicius, A.P. Ribeiro Da Silva, S. de Oliveira, F.A. Teixeira.
16. Key Management in Wireless Sensor Networks, C. Bekara, M. Laurent-Maknavicius.
About the Authors
Hakima Chaouchi is an Assistant Professor at the French National Institute of Telecommunications (INT).
Maryline Laurent-Maknavicius is Professor at the French National Institute of Telecommunications (INT) and is the head of the VIS research security team.