Combining computer science, mechanics and electronics improves the performance of embedded electronic systems by reducing their weight, volume, energy consumption and manufacturing cost. Mechatronic equipment is constantly required to extend zero-fault lifetime service.
Embedded Mechatronic Systems 1 presents two methodologies to control failure occurrence: a statistical approach to design optimization based on experiments and failure mechanism modeling, and an experimental approach based on new tools to analyze the effects on the reliability of thermal, vibratory, humidity, electric and electromagnetic stresses.
This revised second edition contains a new chapter which introduces a multi objective optimization algorithm to tackle fluid–structure interaction problems: BSAMO. Practical tests and comparisons with well-known algorithms demonstrate how BSAMO can efficiently solve real-world multiphysics problems.
1. Reliability-based Design Optimization, Philippe Pougnet and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
2. Non-destructive Characterization by Spectroscopic Ellipsometry of Interfaces in Mechatronic Devices, Pierre Richard Dahoo, Malika Khettab, Jorge Linares and Philippe Pougnet.
3. Method of Characterizing the Electromagnetic Environment in Hyperfrequency Circuits Encapsulated Within Metallic Cavities, Samh Khemiri, Abhishek Ramanujan, Moncef Kadi and Zouheir Riah.
4. Metrology of Static and Dynamic Displacements and Deformations Using Full-Field Techniques, Iona Nistea and Dan Borza.
5. Characterization of Switching Transistor Under Electrical Overvoltage Stresses, Patrick martin, Ludovic Lacheze, Alain Kamdel and Philippe Descamps.
6. Reliability of Radio Frequency Power Transistors to Electromagnetic and Thermal Stress, Samh Khemiri and Moncef Kadi.
7. Internal Temperature Measurement of Electronic Components, Eric Joubert, Oivier Latry, Pascal Dherbecourt, Maxime Fontaine, Christian Gautier, Hubert Polaert, Philippe Eudeline.
8. Reliability Prediction of Embedded Electronic Systems: the FIDES Guide, Philippe Pougnet, Franck Bayle, Hichame Maanane and Pierre Richard Dahoo.
9. Multi-objective Optimization in Fluid–Structure Interaction, Rabii El Maani, Abdelkhalak El Hami and Bouchaïb Radi.
Abdelkhalak El Hami is Full Professor at INSA-Rouen Normandy in France and is Head of the Mechanical Department. He also leads the Normandy CNAM Chair of Mechanics, as well as several European pedagogical projects.
Philippe Pougnet is a former expert in reliability and product-process technology at Valeo, where he managed the reliability of automotive mechatronic systems. He graduated from Université Scientifique et Médicale de Grenoble and INPG in France.
Table of Contents
PDF File 111 Kb