The digital transformation of companies is both a competitive challenge and a complex step for large groups and industries, and at the same time a tremendous opportunity. This transformation is entering a new dimension with the development of immersive technologies such as virtual reality, mixed reality and augmented reality, which are revolutionizing the way we generate content as well as visualize and interact with models and data.
The challenges of innovation and digital transformation within companies are now converging. Research shows the potential that immersive technologies have to accelerate the first steps of the innovation process.
The objective of this book is to provide a clear vision of the state of research on immersive technologies for design and to deliver practical recommendations for companies wishing to improve their innovation process.
1. Innovation Management: Issues and Key Points for a Vital and Strategic Process.
2. Creativity and Cognition: Factors and Biases of Mental Processes Involved in Creative Activities.
3. Physical and Virtual Environments and their Influence on Creativity.
4. User-Centered Innovation Methods: Design Thinking, Double Diamond, Lean UX and Time to Concept.
5. Some Creative Problem-Solving Methods: TRIZ, C-K, CPS, Design Sprint.
6. All-Terrain Ideation Techniques: Brainstorming, Brainwriting, Brainsketching, Bodystorming and Immersive-Storming.
7. Immersive Tools for Every Innovative Situation.
8. A Successful Immersive Experience for More Creativity.
Sylvain Fleury and Simon Richir are researchers at the École Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Métiers in Laval-Paris, France, and specialists in the use of immersive technologies and creativity in product design.
Table of Contents
PDF File 147 Kb