This edited collection represents a selection of the papers presented at the 13th annual Euro-Asia Research Conference held on June 1 and 2, 2007 at the National University of Hokkaido, Sapporo, Japan. The focus of the book, as the title suggests, provides an analysis of the impact of globalization on corporate structures and cultures in Asia. Within this broad theme different perspectives are examined. The objective is to contribute to enhancing knowledge on these matters in a fast-changing environment.
1. Evolving corporate cultures in Asia: employee relations of Finnish companies in China, Kristiina Korhonen, Erja Kettunen and Riitta Kosonen.
2. To what extent are the EU and Asian economies vulnerable?, Bernadette Andreosso-O’Callaghan and Jean-Pascal Bassino.
3. Intermodal logistics developments in north-east Asia: challenges and directions for progress, Burkhard E. Horn and Sam Dzever.
4. China or ASEAN? Internationalization of Japanese firms in East Asia since the 1980s, Pierre van der Eng.
5. The impact of RFID on pharmaceutical supply chains in Asia and Europe, Kalyan Bollampally and Sam Dzever.
6. The manufacturing keiretsu: a changing inter-company network? The case of the car industry, Nabyla Daidj, Elodie Gardet and Caroline Mothe.
7. PBR and MVA factors in Japanese stock market returns, Sophie Nivoix.
8. Real Exchange Rate and Japanese Exports to China and the USA, Jacques Jaussaud and Serge Rey.
9. The evolution of China’s private enterprises: challenges and opportunities, Robert Taylor.
10. International strategic alliances in China: the perspective of the Chinese partner, Zhibin Zhao and Jacques Jaussaud.
11. Management localization in China: four concrete case studies,
12. Brand management strategies to enhance customer value in the Chinese telecom market, Chun Hu and Sam Dzever.
Sam Dzever is Professor of Marketing and Supply Chain Management at the Institut National des Télécommunications (INT), Evry, France.
Jacques Jaussaud is Professor of Management Sciences at the University of Pau, France.
Bernadette Andreosso-O’Callaghan is Jean Monnet Professor of European Economic Integration and Director of the Euro-Asia Centre, University of Limerick, Ireland.