Modeling and Verification of Real-Time Systems
Formalisms and Software Tools
Publication Date: January 2008 Hardback 400 pp.
This title presents some of the most important concepts and techniques for describing and modeling real-time systems and analyzing their behavior in order to enable hardware and embedded software designers to create systems that will operate as intended in a real-world environment.
Topics addressed include mathematical models of real-time systems and associated formal verification techniques such as model checking, probabilistic modeling and verification, programming and description languages, and validation approaches based on testing. With contributions from authors who are experts in their respective fields, this will provide the reader with the state of the art in formal verification of real-time systems and an overview of available software tools.
1. Time Petri Nets: Analysis Methods and Verification with TINA, Bernard Berthomieu, Florent Peres and François Vernadat.
2. Validation of Reactive Systems by Means of Verification and Conformance Testing, Camille Constant, Thierry Jéron, Hervé Marchand and Vlad Rusu.
3. An Introduction to Model Checking, Stephan Merz.
4. Model Checking Timed Automata, Patricia Bouyer, François Laroussinie.
5. Specification and Analysis of Asynchronous Systems using CADP, Radu Mateescu.
6. Synchronous Program Verification with Lustre/Lesar, Pascal Raymond.
7. Synchronous Functional Programming with Lucid Synchrone, Paul Caspi, Grégoire Hamon, Marc Pouzet.
8. Verification of Real-Time Probabilistic Systems, Marta Kwiatkowska, Gethin Norman, David Parker, Jeremy Sproston.
9. Verification of Probabilistic Systems: Methods and Tools, Serge Haddad, Patrice Moreaux.
10. Modeling and Verification of Real-Time Systems using the IF Toolbox, Marius Bozga et al.
11. Architecture Description Languages – An Introduction to the SAE AADL, Anne-Marie Déplanche, Sébastien Faucou.